Skip to main content

Throwback to childhood

Throwback to the beginning. To childhood.

Track down the videos, rewind, and play.

And there we are.

How does it feel? Are you different to how you remember? Are you embarrassed?

I thought I was quiet and sweet. A shy little girl who'd probably turn away from the camera, or just smile and giggle.

I wasn't. I mean, I was sweet, sure, but turns out I was also precocious, and a performer. I'd sing, nicely, and then go a bit wild and make a joke out of it. I'd present our holiday like anyone other than us would watch. I was kind of ridiculous and just so happy.

I don't know why, when we watched these videos a few years ago for the first time in a long time, I felt so reassured. I felt calm, going back to the beginning and seeing that unwavering enthusiasm. A time before I'd experienced any self-awareness, or sadness, just - pure.

I know it's not for everyone, that some may cringe at their younger selves, but for me, it helped me, to remember how I began.

So maybe, if you're feeling a little lost, throwback to your childhood. It might be just what you need.



Written as part of Cassy Fry's #DIYCreativeClub Challenge.

Comments