Skip to main content

Now Playing


I'm now playing...most of the same music I've been listening to for the last ten years or so. Maybe a little less.

I'm not very good at discovering new music. I just love the music I love, an awful lot.

So here are some songs I love the most. They seem to be tied together by lots of female voices, a sense of drama and story, and are either incredibly uplifting or heartbreaking and not much inbetween.

Maybe you'll discover something new from this list, or just fully realise how very not with it I am, and maybe you could recommend me some music I should listen to?

This Is My Life - Shirley Bassey
Braille - Regina Spektor
Make Your Own Kind Of Music - Mama Cass
I Can Never Go Home Anymore - The Shangri-Las
It's All Coming Back To Me Now - Celine Dion (yes, really)
Beautiful - Carole King
You've Got A Friend - Carole King
Oh What A Night - Frankie Valli
Dream A Little Dream Of Me - Mama Cass
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Feels Like Home - Edwina Hayes
From Me To You - Janis Ian
My Mind Is A Box - Pretty Balanced
These Streets - Paolo Nutini
Me And Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin
Each Wave That Breaks - Piers Faccini
Heaven On Their Minds - Jesus Christ Superstar
Failure - Laura Marling
Falling Slowly - Once
Downtown - Petula Clark
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
The Love Of The Loved - Cilla Black
Feels Like Home - Edwina Hayes
Winter - K's Choice
Bridge Over Troubled Water - Eva Cassidy


Written as part of Cassy Fry's DIYCreativeClub challenge.

Comments