Skip to main content

February favourites: beauty & skincare

So I've never really written about beauty on here before, but I thought - why have an all or nothing attitude? That's silly. So I thought I'd give it a go. Why the heck not.

So, here are my February favourites...

February beauty and skincare favourites, left to right: Maybelline's Baby Lips Lip Balm, Rimmel Wake Me Up cream blush, Body Shop Vanilla Bliss Hand Cream, La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo [+] and Effaclar A.I., Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, Benefit's they're real mascara, Rimmel's Professional Eyebrow Pencil and Revlon's Colorburst Lipgloss.


Now I discovered, and fell in love with, the La Roche-Posay skincare brand last year but they've been particularly appreciated this past month as my poor skin has been battling the effects of over-indulgence on sugary goods (I was fine until Christmas! Oops). My skin was having a bit of a rough time, and I also ran out of my two beloved La Roche-Posay products. Not a good combination.

I made use of the Boots 3 for 2 offer and stocked up on the Effaclar A.I. Targeted Breakout Corrector (£9.50) and the newly relaunched Effaclar Duo [+] anti-blemish cream (£15.50).

I was so glad to have them back in my life! The blemishes I had cleared up within a few days and my skin feels much healthier again.

I've loved the Effaclar Duo since I got it, and this new relaunch means the product should also have a further healing quality - helping clear up any marks or scars left behind from blemishes. I'm hoping this will be the case, but even if not it's still a great product.

Where I can have quite sensitive skin, breakouts can often mean a dip in confidence. So, to find products like these is such a relief.

I've never really been one for hand cream but I picked up the Body Shop's Vanilla Bliss Hand Cream before Christmas as a little impulse purchase.

I properly love this stuff, and have got a little obsessed over the past month. While my hands never get particularly dry it's just so moisturising but also smells incredible. I've just searched for this online and it seems to have been discontinued which is a little gutting. Still, now I'm all aboard the hand cream wagon (err, what?) I'm sure I'll find some lovely replacement. I hope.

With POTS, something I'm constantly dealing with is fatigue and these next few products really help for making me look that much more awake and healthy.

Benefit's they're real mascara (£19.50) is one I just keep going back to. I wish I wouldn't as it's a little pricey, but the alternatives I've tried (Collection's Does It All Mascara being a recent short-lived favourite) just don't match it - either being too difficult to remove, clumping after a couple of weeks or just not holding the curl.  For me, it's well worth the price - and it really lasts.

I'm also loving the Rimmel Wake Me Up range - with their foundation (£8.99) as my everyday choice, as is their cream blush in #002 radiant rose, which, fyi, I found in Poundland. Bargain. Though that does mean it will probably be impossible to find again. Definitely wish I'd stocked up. I always find it difficult to find blushers that I like, and this one gives the perfect lovely but subtle glow.

Day to day I've also been loving Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss (£5.99) in Sunbaked - a  really lovely colour and consistency. When my lips are drier (winter is rubbish) I've been reaching for Maybelline's Baby Lips Lip Balm (£2.99) in Cherry Me - a soft red colour. For a tinted lip balm, the colour is strong but not as striking as a lip crayon or lipstick - which is perfect for when you don't want to feel too done up. It also feels pretty moisturising, so to have that combined with the colour is ace.

Oh and an overgrown fringe being clipped back meant remembering I had eyebrows, so I rediscovered my Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil (£2.99) in #004 Black Brown. So easy to use and so cheap too.



So there we have it. Things that I liked to put on my face over the past 28 days. Now you know! I might try to keep this up every month - we'll see...

If you want some brilliant beauty and skincare recommendations, check out the blogs and YouTubes of these lovely ladies: Essie ButtonghostpartiesicovettheeFleur De Force and FayesFix.

Comments