Skip to main content

This week on the world wide web #1

So I always enjoy seeing videos and articles people share on Twitter or Facebook - and thought I'd start a little weekly round-up of things I've seen and enjoyed online.

That might be something inspiring and lovely, or funny, or thought-provoking. Either way, it'll be something that makes me want to share it, and this will be a space for that.

So, here goes.

Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock performs Katy Perry's Roar



This video put a huge smile on my face. I like this song anyway but seeing it in this way brought it to life - with patients and staff having a great time and really getting into it. Kudos to the girl in purple who's just incredible!

Russell Brand vs Jeremy Paxman



This has been flying around the internet like crazy so I expect everyone's already seen it, but it had to be included. This is a really interesting interview with Russell Brand being his usual captivating and cheeky self - but also, too often forgotten, hugely intelligent.

In this interview he shows he cares. He might not have the answers but he knows what's wrong in our society, and passionately pleads for an adverse: a different option.

Top five regrets of the dying


Image: Montgomery Martin/Alamy via The Guardian
This article was published in February 2012 but resurfaced this week. In it, a palliative nurse conveys the top five regrets of the dying. Common themes include spending more time with loved ones and being true to yourself. It's a lovely read and necessary reminder - letting us take wisdom from those with the real benefit of hindsight.

Nasty Message - Activity



This sketch is from Nasty Message - a group my dear (and v.funny) friend Jim is part of. It's a well-made and hugely fun sketch. Watch it, and also have a look at their other sketches on YouTube.

Company Social: Watch How We Make Company magazine



This is something I talked about in my previous blogpost in more depth, going into the rebranding of Company and their use of digital media. The video is a feed of their Google Hangout event the other night - talking to various members of the Company team about how the magazine is put together. They also bring in some readers and potential writers to pitch features and ask questions.

It's a really interesting watch to get a glimpse into this process. It also made me really want to visit Google HQ.



Let me know if you've found any interesting/inspiring/lovely/funny videos or articles on the internet this week! Comment here or tweet me at @amyjanesmith.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments